Sunday, March 15, 2009

First Post

So lately I have been feeling the stress of being a good parent. Especially when I'm rocking Addison to sleep I get all teary-eyed because I look at this precious, pure child who is so close to God, and I have to do everything I can to keep her that way in this unpure world. I feel major stress and fear. I have been more aware of what kinds of tv shows and movies I watch. I always thought 'PG' movies were good movies for kids to see, and now I'm starting to rethink it. yesterday my sister and I saw 'Bride Wars' and I liked the movie and everything, but I definately wouldn't take a kid to see it. It just kind of scares me what they're starting to put in movies now and how easily kids can see them. Does anyone else get nervous about it? It's funny how differently you view things when you have a child. Today in church a guy talked about the scripture that no man can serve two masters and that you can't have one foot in Zion and one foot in Babylon. Boy I am sooo like that! I always find myself compromising commandments to fit my life. I'm so grateful for forgiveness! No matter how many times I make the same mistake, it doesn't matter because the gospel is all about second chances and change. Luv it!

3 comments:

  1. I so know how you feel having kids changes how you feel about everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel stressed out too because Taylen, who is 6 remember, asked me what marijuana was one day. Are you kidding? Our sweet kids need to be taught about these much earlier in life. It is crazy that it is my responsibility. Thanks for the new blog, maybe I could write things too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Tara! I am so happy that you have created a blog like this! This will be our Family Home Evening lessons... So keep writing!

    ReplyDelete